About Me

My photo
I am a young female who has decided to grind through the journey as a professional golfer. I am excited for the road ahead and cannot wait for what is to come. I'm an outgoing girl who lives life to it's fullest. Stay tuned for an exciting venture as I keep you updated with my blog and make my way to the LPGA!

Friday, January 20, 2012

Event 1- Palmbrook Country Club

Event 1  Pro am- I was feeling nervous but excited in the morning before the event started. Felt great in warm up and decided to relax and enjoy myself.  Played as a Pro with 4 amateurs in a very fun event and it was a joy to have their support.  Irv, Bob, John, and Dutch were awesome guys who showed me a lot about the course.  Highlight of the day.... A little girl about 5 years old came up to me and asked for my autograph and picture.  She told me that she wanted to be a professional golfer when she grew up and that she was very excited to meet all all of the girls.  This reminded me of how much we impact others and how important it is for me to be a great role model for young girls.   Each amateur payed to play and all the proceeds went towards the Cactus Tour.  We are so fortunate for these awesome people who support women's golf.  A huge thanks to Penny Pulz for putting the event together along with the owner of the Cactus Tour, Mike Brown.  Gained a lot of insight through this event and was very happy to be a part of it!


Tournament-  I was proud to say I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be.  Day one I scored horrible but played well.  Couldn't make any putts.  Some of the toughest greens I have ever seen were present this week.  As easy as it would be to becomes frustrated I tried to stay focused and finish strong.  Day two I played better with a little more confidence in my putting.  Day three was interesting. I played extremely well (or though it felt) with one really bad hole that threw my score out the window.  Overall I was bummed I didn't play to my true potential but extremely fortunate for learning as much as I did.  Despite my score, this tournament actually boosted my confidence and allowed me to see that I CAN keep up with these girls.  I was excited before but now I'm hooked.  Hooked on figuring out how to win and keep my mental game under control.  I am so happy that I have the support to continue this wild journey.  
Course Review:  If you are ever in Sun City, AZ I recommend that you play this course.  Kept in great shape throughout the year, it is a treat to play.  Set in the middle of a nice residential community the course seems to be a "what you see is what you get" kind of facility but in fact it is much more difficult and exciting than meets the eye.  Now folks...I must warn you....the greens are ridiculously challenging but they will test your ability, not only as a golfer, but as a patient person.  I always pride a golf course on their practice facility because not many put that as a high priority.  We often see too many Taj Mahal club houses but unfortunately those aspects of a course are not going to make us a better patron of the game.  This course has ample room to spend all afternoon perfecting that wedge game or working on that infamous putting stroke.  Penny Pulz has worked hard with the course to keep the facility in great shape. 
 I give it 4 stars!

Next event is in Scottsdale....Don't forget to check the calendar.


Reminder:  For those of you that receive this by email, please click on the link and read the post on the actual website page.  The colors and fonts are much easier to read that when shown in the email.  And don't forget to spread the word!!!




Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment